Some Saturday mornings call for something deliciously creamy and comforting to eat...
This Saturday morning was no exception.
I was glad to find several recipes online for dairy-free rice pudding.
(My tummy was glad, too.)
Here's the final version of the recipe I adapted from here.
(I cut the recipe in half and replaced the water for almond milk.)
Dairy Free Coconut Rice Pudding
- 1/4 cup basmati rice (rinse)
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 cup almond milk (or soy milk/rice milk/cow milk)
- 3 Tablespoons sugar (I used brown sugar)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- pinch of nutmeg
2. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring often.
3. Remove from heat and add cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg, and the pinch of salt.
4. Although you can eat the pudding right away, it tastes best when slightly warm or chilled.
Serves 2 or one extremely hungry bear
(Fills one soup bowl full of pudding)