Wednesday 18 January 2012

Comfort Food

I'm always on the lookout for simple and delicious one pot meals, and I think I just found a new favorite!
Arroz con Pollo

Image Courtesy of Martha Stewart Online
My meal did not turn out as picturesque as the above image, but it tasted delicious. I am glad I splurged and bought some saffron. Yellow rice is so comforting. This entire meal is wonderfully comforting. Comfort. I can't think of a better word right now. Comforting nursery food. Perfect for a week when everything turns topsy-turvy on you.

If you pray, would you take a moment to say a quick prayer for me and my family? We would appreciate it very much. We are all working very hard to make ends meet, and we are all very weary. (As are many people in this world.)

May we all find some rest and a bit of "home" every day.

2 comments:

  1. Apparently the real trick to this dish is beer or so says my mother.

    ReplyDelete